Zoom download and installation instructions for Androids.
If your host is using our Zoom platform, this must be installed on the device you will use to participate in a session. Zoom only needs to be installed once per device.
You will be automatically prompted to download and install Zoom from the Google Play Store when attempting to join a meeting but we recommend going through the process below and testing the connection/audio/video ahead of time to be sure everything is working before an actual session. If you have any questions, or would like to schedule a test session, please don't hesitate to contact the support team at (888) 540-2829, or email us at [email protected] (please include your timezone and that you want to test Zoom).
You may also be interested in these articles:
1. If you are an account holder, log in--you will automatically be shown your Dashboard. In the lower left-hand corner of the page, use the "Install Zoom" button. (If you're logged in but on a different page, click on the "Videoconference" tab to navigate to your Dashboard.)
If you are a guest for an upcoming session, you can download Zoom from the "Waiting Room Page", using the "Install Zoom" button in the lower-left hand corner.
2. On the message that appears, use the "Download Zoom" button in the lower right-hand corner.
- If you see our cookies prompt on top of this message, click "Got it!" to dismiss it.
Depending on your Android version, it may ask you how you would like to complete the action; select "Play Store".
3. Tap on the "Install" button.
4. It should start installing, like in the below image.
5. Once it finishes (like in the below image), close the Google Play Store and return to Chrome, and click "Enter Meeting" (if you are the account holder) or "Enter Waiting Room" (if you are the participant).
6. When Zoom launches for your meeting and you are prompted for permissions for the camera and microphone, be sure to click Allow, or else your video and audio will not work.
Be sure to also tap the message "Call over Internet" to start your microphone/speakers:
Your camera will be off by default. Tap anywhere on the screen to make the menu icons appear, and then tap the "Start Video" button at the bottom of the screen, which looks like this:
This article was last reviewed by our Support team on January 15, 2020.